Sunday 16 March 2014

Bargains, and creative inspiration

I had a little mooch around Dunelm last week. I'd popped in purely to buy thread and a stretch needle, ready for my skater dress and coco projects.

So I was supposed to buy this:

But came away with this:

Oops! But there were bargains too great to miss!

These cushions were in a big crate marked £1.99 each. The pads inside are worth more. Not that it matters, because as soon as my girls saw three Minnie Mouse cushions, that was that. Adopted.

The 'Cars' cushions will be making their way to a friend's little boy. The door hanger was also a bargain, and says 'a little bird sleeps here'. Well, you know me and anything bird/deer related .......

Whilst in Dunelm, I did a bit of snooping in the ready made cushions department, for creative inspiration. I thought I might as well share some of my favourites with you.

I love these little door stops. They would be quite easy to recreate. Watch out for a version of this house appearing on here sometime soon.
I'd like to make a mini version of this sweet little bird.
I have so many knitting and crochet projects to finish, but I love the look of this and it would be quite quick to knit up in a chunky yarn. I'd like one of these for a bit of extra texture in our caravan.
I love this button cushion (ignoring the missing button!) but I think I'd like to see lots of different coloured buttons. I fancy a go at this, but how comfy would it be? Hmm ... Not sure.
I had a go at making a caravan softie a few weeks ago. Evie loves it and sleeps with it in her bed, but I'm not happy with it. I need another go at it. This is a good starting point, but I think I can do better.
Oh, I love appliqué, and of course, anything bird related. Something similar to this will be attempted soon.
What a fab use of teeny tiny scraps this would be!
 
 
Another bird. This is machine embroidered, but I'd like to try something similar using a freezer paper template and fabric paint. Or screen printing. Both things I've not attempted yet, but are on my 'to do' list.
How gorgeous is this fox? Appliqué, embroidery, forest animals .... What's not to love? I'd like to have a go at something similar to this, but maybe a deer?

Oh, this is too cute. Another one for my 'to do' list. I think this would be nice framed, on the wall, rather than as a cushion. Not sure it would hold up to the abuse from two preschoolers!

I do love cushions. Can you tell?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment