Friday 14 February 2014

Happy Valentines Day!

A few weeks ago, Spoonflower had an offer of a free sample of their new silky faille fabric, posted free of charge anywhere in the world. Well, I couldn't resist taking them up on their kind offer, and saw an opportunity for a valentines gift for Joe.

Joe loves birds and in particular puffins. One of our first trips away was to Northumberland, to see the puffins of the Farne Islands. So, I searched for puffin on Spoonflower and found some really cute options. Seriously, if you are looking for something a bit different on your fabric, check Spoonflower out. There are some really beautiful and unusual designs on there, or you can upload your own and get it printed on to fabric. The postage is a bit pricey though, coming from the states.

Anyway, back to my puffins. The sample sent was too small to do much with (especially for a boy!) but just about big enough to make a cute little cushion. I had some Cotton Drill, purchased on our little visit to Guthrie and Ghani for the back, and decided to frame the little square with some white ric-rac around the edges, following the success with pompon trim in the caravan cushions.

So, here it is, a very cute little cushion, I think.



















In other valentines news, my lovely friend Lucy (read her blog here) gave me these gorgeous jammy dodger biscuits last night, when I saw her at Scone Roses. How cute is this packaging? I have got to get myself one of those stamps!



It's just as well I did make Joe a little gift, despite us agreeing not to 'do' valentines, because this little lot was waiting downstairs for us this morning. (One card each for me and the girls - I assume the roses were for me!)


And more came home with him this evening. Yum yum. Lucky girl!


I returned the favour with a heart-shaped bread and butter pudding. Joe loves bread and butter pudding so much that it made it in to our wedding vows! No pic though, it got smothered in custard and gobbled up before I thought about it!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love your blog x I saw the Spoonflower giveaway too but couldn't get my head round how to do the deal ;) your puffin cushion is adorable xxx looking forward to reading about lots of family fun xxx

    ReplyDelete