Tuesday 15 April 2014

I'm in a Funk!

Yep, I've admitted it to myself today, so I might as well admit it to my dear blog readers too.


It's been a bit quiet around here lately hasn't it? With the exception of a couple of evenings of sewing, I haven't been doing much. I've been in hiding. Today I realised I need to do something about it.



 

So what is it? What's going on? I'm not sure. I feel lethargic, sleepy, headachy, sore throat, generally run down. I feel like I've got an awful hangover, when I haven't been drinking. I'm used to feeling like this. It's why I got the blood tests that indicated Coeliac disease and if I ever get as far as an actual diagnosis on that, I'll know it's the cause.

 

But regardless, this is how I feel, and it's not like I haven't felt like it before. Much of the time, I carry on regardless. But sometimes, it builds up, and puts me in a bit of a funk.

 

Funk is my highly medical term for effectively going in to hibernation. I don't want to leave the house. Heck, I don't want to get out of bed, but the two ankle biters in the house don't accept lie-ins as an option around here. I've put on weight because I've been eating junk. I feel rubbish. On the inside and outside.


I imagine that if I wasn't on the antidepressants that I've been warned I should be on for quite a while, I'd probably be getting tearful and slipping in to depression, but the meds keep me just short of that.

 

I feel like life is running away with me a bit. Not much, but just enough that I can't quite catch up. The house is a mess, the post goes unopened, I miss birthdays and appointments, don't feel in control of the finances. To a control-freak like me, that's all pretty hard to deal with. It drives me crazy. I think my brain just shuts down and tries to ignore it all. But if I ignore it, it will get worse. It's a slippery slope. I need to get off!

 

Thank goodness the good weather is here. I need to start making the most of it and getting out of the house. I feel infinately better when the sun is shining, but I don't cope well with heat, due to my true Irish complexion. So I have to tread a fine line with regard to getting out in the sunshine.

 

I need to get myself prepared so that getting out of the house is easy. These munchkins are both going through particularly tricky stages at the moment. Lola's teething badly and not settling well at night at all, so we are tired. During the daytime, Evie's at a 'boundary testing' stage, which takes a lot of patience! So I need to make sure the mornings run smoothly and that I can get a packed lunch together quickly.

 

I did a bit of googling this morning and I've found some great picnic food ideas that can be taken out of the freezer at breakfast time, and will be ready to eat by lunchtime. I'm off to the supermarket for supplies and I'll have a cookathon tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on. Hopefully I'll have this funk kicked by the other side of the weekend.

 

What do you do to get yourself out of a funk? Got any ideas or advice for me?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment